Fling into Spring with an Exciting Aspen Vacation – 6 Events & Activities
Are you tired of doing the same old routine after the holidays? Is your family bored with the usual beach spring break vacation gig?
Why not try something different this year – something extra special for your family? How about a fabulous, fun-filled Aspen Vacation?
With the President’s Day holiday weekend coming up very soon, and with spring break not far off on the horizon, it’s time to plan your next adventure – and Aspen Luxury Vacation rentals is here to help!
If you have skiers or snowboarders in the group, the first thing you should know is that we have a lot of snow — a ton of snow — an insane amount of snow! The conditions are incredible, and we expect this to continue throughout the rest of this winter and into the spring, in abundance.
Here are just a few ideas of how you can fling into spring with an epic vacation in Aspen.
1. Skiing / Snowboarding
Get your family pumped up for an awesome Aspen alpine adventure with skiing and snowboarding specials courtesy of the Aspen Skiing Company. In addition to packages and other deals (including “Kids Ski & Stay Free” packages **) on lift tickets, lodging, lessons, and equipment rentals, they offer an assortment of fun activities for kids of all ages. Here are just a few:
- The Treehouse Kids Adventure Center in Snowmass
- Unique Ski & Snowboard School programs
- Fun art installations and adventurous, kids-oriented trails and terrain
- Ullr Nights at Elk Camp in Snowmass
March 15 – 19, 2017 – Watch the best men’s and women’s ski racers in the world streak down Aspen Mountain, competing for World Cup skiing glory. This will be the first time the finals will be held outside of Europe since 1997, and they will also feature the return of the renowned “America’s Downhill”.
You will not want to miss this exciting, perhaps once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a unique Aspen family vacation!
3. At Night On The Hill
Join the fun and feel the excitement of Ullr nights, Friday evenings at Elk Camp on Snowmass. Take the spectacular nighttime gondola ride to this “winter wonderland” party honoring Ullr, the Norse God of Snow. You and the kids can enjoy such activities as:
- Ice skating
- Snow biking
- S’mores and hot chocolate by the bonfire
- Dancing to live music
- A la carte culinary celebration “sure to please any palate.”
When you’re done playing outside in the snow, head inside and warm up with fun activities and entertainment downstairs in The Tent.
April 2, 2017: Not your usual on mountain skiing activity, but tons of fun! This frivolous, imaginative culinary twist to Buttermilk Mountain’s closing day celebration features bacon samplers around the mountain throughout the day, as well as bacon waffles at the summit in the morning, kids’ games at the base of the mountain, and a beer happy hour at Bumps restaurant.
For more information about family-friendly activities sponsored by the Aspen Skiing Company, check out their family guide here.
5. Off the Hill Activities
Off the hill, there’s a lot going on in Aspen this spring as well. From interesting nature and science activities for the whole family to lively nighttime entertainment for adults, there is a lot to see and do while you are here.
- Cross-Country skiing and snowshoeing: If you and your family aren’t into Alpine skiing, or if you just want to give the quads a break, explore some of the 90 kilometers of free cross- country ski and snowshoe trails between Aspen, Snowmass, and Basalt.
- Winter Astronomy Nights with the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) – Held monthly, at their Hallam Lake location: Learn about meteor showers, constellations, the Milky Way, and the planets that are visible during the winter.
- Birding with ACES – Held on the first Tuesday of the month from October through April: Led by naturalist, Rebecca Weiss, novices and experts alike will learn to improve their birding skills and how to be in tune with nature.
- Aspen Santa Fe Ballet: Showcasing various entertaining ballet and other dance performances throughout the winter/spring season.
- Aspen Music Festival and School – Winter Music Recital Series: World-class music in the mountains! Held at Harris Concert Hall.
6. For Adults
While Aspen and Snowmass are all about family vacations and hosting events suitable for everyone, adults will surely want to have their own activities with which to indulge themselves. Here are a few suggestions:
- Aspen Laff Festival – February21–25, 2017: Standup Comedy shows at the Wheeler Opera House featuring, “…the fastest, funniest, and brainiest comedians out there…”
- Après Ski Cocktail Classic – March 9 – 12, 2017: Based at The Little Nell – A slope-side celebration of the Aspen après ski cocktail experience, featuring delectable craft cocktails and seminars by award-winning mixologists and brand ambassadors, as well as parties and pop-up bars, spirit-paired dinners, and of course, the Great Après Ski Pub Crawl & Cocktail Competition.
- Clicquot in the snow – Ajax Tavern patio at The Little Nell: “apres-ski and be seen” and enjoy drink specials from Veuve Clicquot and DJ Dylan each Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 3 pm – 6 pm. Special guest, Katarina Visnevska (Kat V), shows off her unbelievable, mind-boggling electric violin skills on Friday, March 17 – Sunday, March 19 & Friday, March 24 – Sunday, March 26 | 3 pm – 6 pm.
- Physics Lectures: Want to give your body a rest and work out your brain instead? The Aspen Center for Physics offers mind-expanding lectures Wednesday evenings at the Wheeler Opera House. Topics range from “The Mathematics of Paper”, to “Formation and Dynamical Evolution of Exoplanets”.
- Met Live in HD: Series of the Metropolitan Opera’s 2016-2017 productions, presented at the newly restored Wheeler Opera House, by the Aspen Music Festival and School. Enjoy gourmet food and beverages and productions featuring such renowned artists as Plácido Domingo, Nina Stemme, Sir Simon Rattle, and more.
- JAS Café feat. – Downstairs at the Nell: World-class, global jazz, vocal and world music, featuring artists from Cuba, Brazil, France, Africa, Italy, New Orleans, and more. Enjoy intimate shows and fare from the Nell Bar menu’s selection of small plate options.
Start Planning Your Trip Today!
With so much to see and do, planning your visit here might seem a little overwhelming. But we can help!
To make your stay truly memorable, we can:
- Provide you with the finest luxury accommodations and amenities. It all starts with having a first-class, comfortable, and convenient place to stay while you’re here
- Recommend the best restaurants, shopping, activities, and events
- Procure lift and event tickets
- Assist you with reservations
- …And more – just ask!
Contact our Aspen vacation rentals concierge today to find the right accommodations and to put a little pizzazz, and a little more zing into your Aspen spring vacation this year – Ph: (970) 205-9962