Known for our world class restaurants and shopping, vacationers are sure to venture around town and experience all Aspen has to offer. We, at Aspen Luxury Vacation Rentals, are excited to provide you with the best recommendations for dining and shopping around town. We have Aspen’s best kept secrets in our back pockets and are excited to share them with you!
Most of our visitors consider dining to be one of the most important aspects of a vacation in Aspen and Snowmass – and so do we. While Aspen has some of the best restaurants, when staying at a private residence, you have so many dining options. Dining out can be somewhat of a hassle when you have a large party or a storm hits. One of the main benefits of a private home rental is being able to cook and enjoy private dining in the casual and flexible atmosphere of your rental home.
For those of you who prefer dining out, it is important to contact your Concierge for restaurant reservations as these spots fill up quickly! Call 970.429.4199 for restaurant recommendations and reservations. Please visit our fine dining and family dining pages for more detailed suggestions. Here is a complete list of Aspen and Snowmass restaurants:
Ajax Tavern: American Cuisine, Classic Aspen, Beautiful Views of Aspen Mountain, Trendy, Buzzing
Element 47: Locally Sourced American Cuisine, Upscale, Romantic, Sophisticated
Ellina: Cuisine, Farm to Table, Casual Chic, Seafood Specialties
JBar: American Cuisine, Local Spot Casual Scene *The Jbar is located with in the Jerome Hotel, a classic Aspen hotel (now owned by Auberge) and located right in town. Worth checking out!
Jimmy’s: American Cuisine, Locals Favorite, Good for Groups, Late Night Bar Scene
Jimmy’s Bodega: Seafood Cuisine, Lively Bar Scene, Good for Groups, Extensive Cocktail List
Justice Snows: American Cuisine, Lively Bar Scene, Extensive Cocktail List, Open for Brunch
Meat & Cheese: American Cuisine, Great Lunch Spot, Intimate, Rustic, Farm to Table
Pinons: American Cuisine, Upscale Elegance, Romantic
Steakhouse No. 316: American Cuisine, Romantic, Upscale, Elegant
White House Tavern: American Cuisine, Extensive Cocktail List, Buzzing Atmosphere, Great for Lunch
Wild Fig: Mediterranean Cuisine, Intimate, Rustic
Pyramid Bistro: Vegetarian Cuisine, Located within a bookstore, Charming, Casual
Aqualina: Italian Cuisine, Modern Chic, Extensive Wine List, Bar Menu
Brunelleschis: Italian Pizzeria, Casual, Family Friendly, Good for Groups
Campo de Fiori: Italian Cuisine, Outdoor Seating, Chic, Good for Groups, Late Night Bar Scene
Casa Tua: Italian Cuisine, Exclusive Scene, Upscale, Trendy – Chic
L’Hosteria: Traditional Italian Cuisine, Locals Favorite, Lively Bar, Good for Groups, Casual Chic
Mezzaluna: Italian Cuisine, Locals Favorite, Family Friendly, Lively Bar Scene, Outdoor Seating
Kenichi: Japenese / Sushi, Trendy, Lively
Maru: Japenese Cuisine, Newly Opened, Sushi Bar, Trendy
Nobu Matsuhisa: Japanese Cuisine, Upscale, Trendy, Extensive Cocktail List, Lively Bar Scene
Brexi: French Cuisine, Traditional, Live Music, Extensive Wine List
Cache Cache: French Cuisine, Upscale, Lively Bar Scene, Classic Elegance, Outdoor Seating
Rustique: French Cuisine, Buzzing, Family Friendly, Rustic, Chic
Su Casa: Mexican Cuisine, Casual, Lively Bar Scene, Family Friendly
*Woody Creek Tavern: Located outside of town, traditional tavern, very unique atmosphere, fun Aspen secret worth checking out!
Zocalito: Latin Bistro, Good For Groups, Reverse Happy Hour, Charming
Asie: Asian Fusion Cuisine, Modern, Great Happy Hour
Little Ollies: Chinese Cuisine, Casual, Charming, Take-Away Available
Artisan at Stonebridge Inn: Seasonal American Cuisine, Casual Gourmet, Craft Brews, Relaxed Setting
Eight K at The Viceroy: New American Cuisine, Sophisticated Mountain Setting, Locally Sourced Ingredients, Chic, Modern
Ricard Bistro at The Viceroy: Cafe Culture, Casual, Basic Brasserie Cuisine
Little Mammoth Steakhouse: American Cuisine Specializing in Steak, Family Friendly, Casual Chic
Sage at the Snowmass Club: Refined American Cuisine, Organic and Local Ingredients, Sophisticated Menu
Vue Lounge at The Westin: Après Scene, Handcraft Cocktail Menu, Gourmet Appetizers
Base Camp Bar and Grill: Après Scene, Specialty Cocktail Menu, Classic Dishes, Slopeside, Family Friendly, Casual
Big Hoss Grill: Specializes in Barbecue and Breakfast, Italian and American Inspired, Casual, Sports Bar
New Belgium Ranger Station: American Inspired, Craft Brew, Sharing Food
The Stew Pot: Comfort Food, Casual Atmosphere, Family Restaurant
Krabloonik: American Cuisine, Game-y meat, Charming Mountain Ambience, Spectacular Mountain Views *dog sledding offered as well*
Il Poggio: Handmade Tradition Italian, Family Friendly, Contains Both Casual Cafe and Formal Dining
Slice Italian Bistro: Contemporary Italian Cuisine, Artisan Pizzas, Sports Bar, Casual, Good for Groups
Venga Venga: Authentic Mexican Cuisine, Tequila Bar, Lively Bar Scene, Comfortable, Casual
The Edge: German and Swiss Inspired Cuisine, Alpine Farm to Table, Great for Fondue, Homemade Sausage, and Schnitzels
Aspen and Snowmass have a large variety of shopping to enjoy, from art and antiques to gifts and designer clothing. It’s a wonderful place for a shopping excursion including everything from consignment stores, local boutique stores to high-end designer retail, and everything in between. Aspen’s Saturday Market is another great draw and showcases locally grown produce and artisans while being a great place for socializing too. Live music is on hand to keep your spirits up as you shop around for a little bit of everything. For a list of shopping opportunities, check out this Aspen Chamber webpage or this webpage from Aspen-Sojourner Magazine. If you need something specific please let us know and we will try to help you find what you are looking for.
Here’s a list of fabulous shopping locales to frequent while you’re staying in Aspen
- Pitkin County Dry Goods: Defining Aspen style for 35 years. Internationally renowned for its selection of contemporary clothing, denim, accessories, and sheepskin and leather outerwear for men and women.
- Gorsuch: The original store, opened in Vail Village by former Olympians Dave and Renie Gorsuch, has been outfitting skiers since 1966, and its popularity has spurred outlets in Aspen, Beaver Creek, and Keystone. Sure, you’ll find North Face jackets, Descente snowpants, and top-of-the-line equipment, but also top-tier home furnishings—from French stag wine glasses to Feu de Bois candles.
- Nina McLemore: NEW Aspen location at 611 Cooper Ave. Features high-end women’s fashion for the smart, confident, woman on the go.
- Loro Piana: High-end women’s wear, cashmere, and jackets & coats
- Boogie’s: High-end women’s and children’s clothing, shoes, small selection of handbags/accessories.
- Nuages: Women’s European designer clothing and accessories shop in the Aspen Square building. Lines carried are Prada, Jil Sander, Dolce and Gabbana, Joseph Alia, Maxfield Parrish, Anya Hindmarch, Marion Foale, Lainey Keogh, Chrome Hearts, and Richard Tyler.
- Olivia Lee: Offers the class and sophistication of a Parisian boutique, featuring the most exclusive lingerie and ready-to-wear collections made in the world.
- Art Tee Gallery: Humorous Aspen tees
- Brioni Retail: Fine Italian fashion
- Christian Dior
- Louis Vuitton
- Moncler: French/Italian label that designs stylish goose down, performance ski wear. This label is so popular that while other luxury brands are scaling back, they continue to open stores in top resort areas.
- Sugar Sweet Clothing
- Aspen Thrift Store
- Susie’s Limited
Only in Aspen could thrift stores be this fabulous! Go to the Aspen Thrift Store, Susie’s Limited and Sugar Sweet for barely-worn clothes by Chanel, Dolce, Armani, Gucci, Fendi, Versace and more!
- Wine Cellar Liquors
- Greg Western Grog Shop: They offer free delivery with $50 minimum and free ice.
- Sundance Drug & Liquor: Won the Aspen Silver Fork Award.
- The Butcher’s Block
- Aspen Saturday Market
- Cathy Crenshaw of Crenshaw Jewelers at Aspen Saturday Market
- Elliot Yeary Gallery: Offers unique jewelry designers that include ARA 24 Karat Collection, Arman, Arunashi, Grace Chin, Sevan, Elizabeth Showers and Cheryl Wyly.
- Harmony Scott Jewelers: Beautiful, unique, handmade jewelry for the goddess within every woman. All of her pieces are limited edition or one-of-a-kind. The designs feature exotic gemstones, South Sea and Tahitian Pearls, and freshwater pearls.
- PISMO Gallery at Aspen: unique glass jewelry.
- Radio Boardshop
- Hamilton Sports
- Breeze Ski Rentals
- Incline Ski Shop
- The Aspen Outfitting CO.
- Aspen Sports: Rents cruiser bikes, kids’ bikes and trailers from Specialized and Raleigh.
- The Ski Service Center/Board Werks: They offer expert race, backcountry, freestyle, big mountain, park and pipe tunes for the quality concerned clientele.
- Amen Wardy
- Le Tub: Designer bedroom and bathroom linens.
- Blue Gallery: Features distinctive contemporary Israeli art collections.
- Frette: World renowned Italian Bed Linens. Featuring the finest in mink and cashmere blankets, loungewear, home fragrances, travel accessories and gifts.
- Omnibus Gallery: Specializes in original, rare and vintage posters primarily dating between the late-1880s and 1939. They have the largest collection in the world of important vintage posters for sale.
- The Lighting Studio: Distinctive lighting products and furnishings from around the world.
- Toklat Gallery: Exotic woods, marquetry, whimsy, function, comfort – handcrafted, Heirloom furniture at its best. Unique pieces in the gallery and five craftsmen to create the perfect custom piece for your home.